16 July 2008

Shitastic

That's today. I didn't sleep well last night. I forgot to bring my coffee into work this AM. After a bit of rumination, and inquires into the tastiness of the vending machine brew (should have known to skip this step), I sucked it up and bought a Diet Coke.

As I stood there chatting with Judy, I opened the bottle, and the contents started to spew. And spew. Since there was no end in sight, I made the 50 foot dash to the kitchen to get the bottle to the sink. Cue the laughter from the co-workers about my shitastic day.

Next stop, the internet. I needed some sort of cleansing ritual; someway to restart this day. Strangely, people on the internet take this seriously. They all wanted me to buy some detox potion. Oprah's article on "How to Move On" was no help. I was really just looking for a chant, perhaps a dance, something easy to designate a new start to my day. This site wasn't promising, but not enough content to really do the job.

Thank goodness it's not Groundhog Day...

No comments: