21 June 2006

What now...

So I went to visit my storage unit. I needed to find things like my running gear, PJ's, and more shoes. I wandered through many boxes looking for an assortment of items that I had been looking for.

I found things I didn't even know that I wanted to have back. And so it led me to pause and think about all of my stuff. I couldn't tell you the contents of most of my boxes off hand. (I know you wouldn't be shocked to know that most boxes are numbered, and there is a list with a short description of the contents of each. I could eventually tell you the contents.) But I remembered that I like most of my stuff. And it gave me an idea: I could one day be reunited with it, and actually be able to unpack it.

This has motivated me to move beyond my "readjustment" phase into the "move on" phase.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ya know, alot of my crap goes into the trash and / or goodwill each time i come back from a long trip - time to lighten up the load girlie! (:

*lynne* said...

I have boxes and boxes and boxes of crap here... and i'd say 70% = books. I'd love to ship 'em over to the U.S.,,, but that would cost a prety penny :(

Marcia said...

Lynne - How much is sea mail? It takes months, but it was fairly cheap for me to ship stuff from Bali...

And I do think that I'll be cleaning house, once I get my stuff back with me. Seems easy enough to do when I've got the boxes and such right there...