08 May 2006

In the UK....

So I have arrived safely in Edinburgh, Scotland. Steve arrives later today, so good times should roll.

Barcelona was a great place. The architecture was amazing. The tapas was excellent. I think that I will really miss tasty food now that I'm in the UK. I will try the haggis...

I was sitting in a cafe in Barcelona on a Thursday morning, about 10:30. The place was packed. And about a third of the people were consuming some form of alcoholic beverage. I'm wondering about working conditions in Europe, and why we can't have more of these conditions at home...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

be gud to me hee'lunds ... it'll be gud to yu!

"slahn che vah, ma hah"

toast meaning "to your health my friend" in scottish gaelic

Roxy said...

To quote Mark Johnston of Rhodell Brew Pub (He is from Edinburgh)...and many other Scots..."If it's not Scottish, its Crap!"

Marcia said...

As a matter of fact, Steve and I were at Clever Dicks last night. I had the haggis with tatties and neeps. I have to say, I wasn't that impressed. Sorry. Maybe fried. It had the consistency of cous-cous, with the taste of ground beef. I never have been a meatloaf fan, so this really didn't do anything for me...