25 May 2006

US Soil...

So I made it to O'Hare without incident. I heard the relief and joy in my mother's voice when we talked.

Then my issues started. I guess there had been a storm before arrival, and this gave me an additional hour and a half delay. Then we got on the plane. And sat on the tarmac for two hours. As Ryan said, at least I had the plane between me and the tarmac.

The strange thing was that I really wasn't bothered or too perturbed by this. Really. It was just one of those things.

Brooke met me at the airport in Raleigh. I was wearing my Nessie hat - as in the Loch Ness Monster hat. Pictures will be forthcoming, as I now have free highspeed internet access.

So I'm posting this while suffering from jet lag. My body is screaming at me to be awake at 4 AM. It's conviced it's more like 10 AM, a time I should reasonably be expected to be up.

Oh - I have consistently had to remind myself to put the lid down. I have no fear that it will soon come back as old habit.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you made it back to the US without incident! Can't wait to see you again!

Chris Kneer

Anonymous said...

Welcome Back!
I can't wait to see the Nessie hat.

Anonymous said...

are you still using yer Lichtensteinian telephone number or is the US one back in service? or should we just bombard the disowned godkid's phone?

Roxy said...

Alrighty then...no more Euro drunk...it will be full on U. S. of A. DRUNK!!!! Let me know when you will be hitting P-town and we will be sure to put together a hell of a ticker tape parade, or maybe just a backyard bbq! Welcome home and thanks for sharing your experience!!

Rox

Anonymous said...

Did someone mention lush? hey, is that a beer over there? Gimme that!

CK

Anonymous said...

Welcome home.... :)

Sorry for not posting the cell. I'll email it to u... welcome back...

have mercy,
/pbz