23 October 2005

Eating

I always thought that I was an adventurous eater. Not that I wasn't fastidious about its preparation, but that there weren't a lot of things that I wouldn't try.

China has proved me wrong.

I was willing to eat the octapus on a stick (cooked in front of me at a roadside stand) but pidgeon, no. Not even the eggs. Shark fin, no. And those were the things identified on a menu. The things I see in convienance stores, not even close. I'm a little disappointed in myself.

I ate the green tea flavored potato chips. I didn't really care for them. The taste was just too incongruent with the food. I like green tea. But in a potato chip, it's just too disconcerting...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't forget to have some "stinky tofu" and prove Chris wrong (:

Anonymous said...

heyya marcia, did you try scorpion? this link brings u to my brother's blog, with pix of him and the scorpions, when he was in China a few months ago... miam miam! :D

http://mal-expat-in-ch.blogspot.com/2005/08/beijing-scorpions-miam-miam-photos.html