20 October 2005

What I did today...

I wandered around. I decided to go to the Forbidden City. On my walk to the subway, I knew I needed breakfast, and had heard that there was a bakery on the way. I think I found said bakery, but it violated a rule.

Before I left, Yan advised me to find someplace small, with a LOT of people. No one was at the bakery, so I kept walking.

I found a nice hole in the wall with a line of people. Sounds good. I see people have soup and those white bread balls filled with tasty goodness. I don't know what exac form of tasty goodness was in the set I got, but it was good for me. I was complemented on my use of chopsticks. (Aside to Rhonda: I had soup made from that purple rice you have. It had no taste in the soup either.)

I did make it to the Forbidden City, and then to the Observatory. There was no admittance fee to the latter, as it was swarming with kids dressed in yellow sweatsuits. The kids seemed to perform; there was a dancer and a rap group. The adults seemed to take pictures.

Pictures should be up soon.

No comments: