20 October 2005

Pete- This Post's for you

So last night, I'm looking through the guidebook for a place to have dinner. I see the words "Belgian" and "beer" in close proximity, and feel blessed that such a place is within walking distance. It turns out that the street this place was on was demolished last year, but I did find a substitute. They serve Belgian beer and Belgian waffles. I had some of each.

They had Chimay, Duvel, Mort Subite, the Trappists, FOUR types of Hoegaarden, including the Grand Cru. They had many types of lambic in several flavors. They have the Hoegaarden on tap. Last night, however, the tap was out, and the keg stuck in customs. Such regulations.

I may go back.

Oh - please forgive the spelling. I want to point out that most of the web page is actually in Chinese. The help text, which normally indicates how I can check my abc's, is not so helpful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK last comment, I was going to save this "trip tip" for when you're in Europe, but STEAL ME THE BEER LIST


SIGNED,
ANONYMOUS