20 October 2005

Next steps

As promised, here are my next TWO steps:

I have booked a train (or rather, someone handled that for me) to Xi'an for Saturday night. This is roughly a 13-14 hour train ride. It is home to the Terracotta Warriors.

Once I get there, I will book a train to Chendu. There's a consulate there, so it can't be all bad. I'm hesitating a bit on this, as Chendu is way out there. The main reason to go there is to visit a park, which I am now able to pronounce, but not spell. That, apparently, takes a week. I fly from Hong Kong on 6 Nov, and want a few days there, so I'm not conviced I have time.

I'll let you know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Marcia - I'm so glad you are posting so often. I saw the Terracotta Warriors on the Amazing Race - I can't get over the fact that you are there. I am really enjoying reading about your adventures and living vicariously! I hope you enjoy the train ride to Xi'an. Can't wait to hear about Hong Kong.

Chris Kneer