19 January 2006

Auto update...

It's been brought to my attention that the auto update feature is again broken...

I've figured out that it's not blogger.com, as I receive email from them when I set the system to notify me.

That leaves google at fault. I usually set blogger to notify the google group, which then automatically notifies you all...

I can email googlegroups directly, and I see the post on the googlegroup website. But I don't receive an email that indicates a new post to the group.

I've also tried to set up a forward from my email account to googlegroups. This would automatically forward the blog post to my email account, which would forward it to the googlegroups account, which would send it out to everyone in the list. This doesn't work. I can see that the filter is set up correctly, so the message is flagged.

So it seems that an email sent to the googlegroups email address (MSH-Blog-update@googlegroups.com)isn't being sent out to the membership as a whole.

Confused?

So am I, which is why it's still not fixed...

Does anyone out there know enough about googlegroups to help me out?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Everyone get Firefox. You need it anyway, and the blog has an RSS feed."

No?

Just doing my part for the revolution.