28 January 2006

One continent down....

So you might ask yourself why all these posts are coming up in the middle of the day. Or not.

It's the middle of the night here. I have a 5:30 AM flight out of Mumbai, and have been here since about 12:30. (It's not considered safe to arrive by myself at 2 AM, thus the early arrival.) It's also why the sentences are a bit simple, as I'm quite tired. At least they seem to take a lot longer to type than they should.

But anyway. This mostly means one continent down. I'm sure that Uei or Ryan will enlighten us on the exact status of Turkey, but for all intents and purposes, I'm out of Asia, and on to Africa.

I'm in Egypt for two weeks. When I finish, I'll be half way through this great adventure. Did you hear my mother shout her thanks?

It's been good, and I've learned a lot. I think I'll save the indepth anaysis for when I've had more sleep...

As and FYI, my mobile number is changed back to the Lichtenstein phone number. Email me if you need more details...

My parents have the exact intinerary for my time in Egypt. I would be greatful if my Dad posted a brief summary of it...

Hope all is well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok Chris, I talked to Marcia and got the bit about clarifying the status of Turkey. It wasn't about geopolitical or social statuses ... but the continental status. Turkey sits on both Asia and Europe with the Dardanelles and Bosphorus being a geographical divide. Where Marcia's heading, Istanbul, is on the European side. Should she decided to follow in the footsteps of the Crusaders, or seek out them troglodyte dwellings carved into the rocks, or summit Ararat to find Noah's Ark, then she'd be back on Asia