12 January 2006

Kochin...

I have arrived safely at Kochin. This afternoon, I'm going to go see a synagogue, and some fishermen with Chinese nets. The irony of it all...

I had to take a vacation day. I know. I know. I'm on vacation. I just needed a little break from India. I was sure the day wasn't going to go my way when I had a cow bump into me. I was walking down the sidewalk, or rather, the place where the sidewalk would be if it were not under construction. There were a couple of cows grazing on some grass or trash, not at all unusual. But when I walked by, one lifted its head and shoved it into my right leg. I wasn't even thinking evil thoughts about the animal. My leg is a bit sore, but not bad.

I had lunch, visited the market for some fruit, and returned to my hotel. I put on my PJ's, and watched TV. I got to see Oprah and a couple of movies... I couldn't have felt more American.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you go girl. ya, no grudges against the moo eh? prolly doesn't know its own strength. i'm three Guinness up on ya! catch up!

Anonymous said...

Cow attack... cool. You know we were attacked by sheep one time... well maybe "attacked" isn't the right word. Maybe "viciously stared down" would be more accurate.

/pbz