17 February 2006

Camera usage...

So I went to see the Whirling Dervishes last night. It's a religious ceremony for Sufists. To you and I, it's four men spinning around like a top and not falling down when they stop. Amazing it is.

I noticed that all four men tilted their head to one side or another. Not having the space to try to spin rapidly, I haven't investigated if this helps with balance. Needless to say, it is on the agenda.

But I reached a new high with my digital camera. No flashes were allowed, and the band was playing in low light. So I used the manual settings and adjusted the exposure to get some good pics. Or at least better than the ones the camera could do on any of the automatic settings. I used the same method to get a few shots of the dervishes. But as they were whirling, they are a bit of a blur. It just adds something to the experience...

Something else to add to the resume when trying to explain this "year off."

No comments: