19 February 2006

More movements...

After delving into the ferry schedules on the Greek side, I have come to the conclusion that an overnight train is in my future. I've heard they're not bad, and that I can get a discount with the student ID I got in Egypt. (Apparently the country allows them to be issued to anyone under a certain age. I used it with some success, but I happen to attend "London University," a rather non-existent place.)

Anyway. I'm in Goreme (insert umlat over the o). It's beautiful. I'm taking a tour tomorrow, and doing some hiking the next day. Night of the 21st, I'll take another overnight bus to someplace with natural springs. I don't remember the name, and I don't have it in front of me. I'll spend a day there, as they are also supposed to have an excelent necropolis (cemetary over the ages). I'll hit Ephesis, city of "more complete" Roman ruins. Then I'll head back to Istanbul to get a train to Greece. The train stops short of Athens, but I want to visit Delphi, so I'm hoping this can be smoothly integrated in my transport arrangements. We'll see...

1 comment:

Marcia said...

Wow. This is why I know you. Most of the time, their arms were up, but they would move them up and down as well...

I'm in awe.