12 February 2006

Out of Africa...

Cheesy title, but what did you expect?

So I'm in Istanbul. It actually reminds me of Chicago. It's cold. There's snow on the ground. It's a nice modern city with all kinds of shops and a great tram and metro. It looks very Westernized to me.

The keyboard is a bit different, but only for the punctuation.

Anyway. The mobile works again. It was having some issues in Egypt. I will be here for a week or so, and then figure out what to do. I need to be in Athens by 3 March, and I want a couple of days in Athens itself. I was planning on going down the coast of Turkey, and taking a ferry to the Greek islands. Being winter, the ferrys run twice a week, and only if the weather is good. So I may end up exploring mainland Turkey, and going to Greece overland. I've heard it's warmer in Greece, so that my win out over the coast...

Hope all is well...

2 comments:

Roxy said...

When I hear Istanbul, I automatically start singing the They Might Be Giants song. Are you aware of the song? Remind me to sing it to you when you get back!

Let me know if you are going to be headed to Hungary, particularly Buda/Pest. One of my clients sons lives there and is an English teacher and translator. From what I can gather he is a really cool guy and loves to show Americans around.

Have fun in Turkey and remember, Instanbul was Constantinople!

Marcia said...

The song in question has been on continuous loop since I got here... No need for the replay when I get back...