17 February 2006

Movements...

I'm taking an overnight train to Cappadocia tonight. The busses are supposed to be great. You get tea/coffee/cake. I'm excited about the cake. The area is famous for its rock formations. I expect to be there two to three days.

After that, I'll head to Ephesus. It's the site of Roman ruins. I've been told that they are more complete than the ones in Rome. It's easier to imagine what the city would have been like.

The original plan was to take a ferry to the Greek Islands. This time of year, they may not run due to bad weather, or not enough people. I want to see Rhodes. So I'll head down the coast and suss out what my chances are. If I can't get to the islands, I'll head back to Istanbul to catch an overnight train to Athens (27 hours). I may try to move up my flight to Rome depending on the exact timing. The flight is currently set for 3 March.

No comments: