07 February 2006

Lots of stuff...

I'm currently in Dahab. I'm going diving tomorrow. They'll be a couple of deep dives, but I'll be with an instructor.

I'm heading back to Cairo a day early, on Friday. I need all of Saturday to get a guide book for Turkey, ship some stuff, etc.

I posted some photos from Thailand. I know I'm well behind. I just didn' find spots in India that I could easily upload from. I'll spend some more time in Dahab uploading. It's fairly fast, and about $1 (USD) for an hour...

Hope all is well...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Stunning, gorgeous pictures. Cant wait to talk to you in person about some of these places.

Well I hope Turkey means western Turkey.... Christ are you lucky I'm not with you ;) I'd be like.. no Marcia.. no Marcia... we're going back to Kansas now Marcia.. eheheh

"I worry because I care",
/pbz

Marcia said...

Yeah - just western Turkey. I'm planning about a week in Istanbul. I need some warm weather gear, like long johns. (I don't think the phrase book covers long johns, so it may take a while.) Eastern Turkey has malaria, bird flu, Kurds, and a border with Iraq. None of the above are things to seek.

I may go down the coast and catch a boat to the Greek Islands. This is a bit tricky, as there's 1-2 boats per week, which may be cancelled due to bad weather. I don't want to get there only to have to back track to make my Athens to Rome flight on 3 March. And I want three days in Athens before I head out.

Bottom line is that I'll spend time in Instanbul, and once I've regrouped, I'll figure something out...