08 April 2006

How could I have forgotten???

Here in Germany, they are very environmentally conscious. The kitchen in the hostel has a place for metals/packaging, and a separate place for organic matter, and finally a bin for waste. So it should come as no surprise that it is here that I have found the next generation of butt gaskets.

I was in the bathroom of the Opera House. There is a plastic box next to the buttons to flush. It had a picture of a toilet seat, with an arrow around it. I pressed the button, and disinfectant sprayed out. The idea is to put the disinfectant on a piece of toilet paper, then wipe the seat. This uses far less paper than a typical gasket.

I wish I had taken my camera with me, as you would have a picture posted here...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WhoTF is going to physically wipe down the mess someone else left on the toilet seat, with wet toilet paper? "Sorry, I'm going to have to say no."

/pbz

Marcia said...

Ryan, I am consistently impressed with the quality of your comments.

Anonymous said...

Time to develop those runners leg muscles, try the "hover" method
:)
/pbz

Marcia said...

That is the problem. IF I've had a hard run, the hover is painful at best to hold.

Anonymous said...

i don't know if you recall, but after my little stint on the island, i came out of that w/ the revelation that civilization could not have advanced until the invention of a comfortable sit-down toilet for those very reasons - it's hard to be inspired and ponder all the oddities of life and the meaning there of when the only thing going to yer head is "how much my legs hurt after a 12-mile mastadon hunt and why did i cook curry mastadon with so many spices!"