14 April 2006

News flash...

There are Dutch people still in The Netherlands! I know this may not seem like much to you, but everywhere else I've been, I've met Dutch people. It's led me to believe that all the Dutch were out traveling the world instead of being at home.

But, having safely made it to Amsterdam, I have found the Dutch. They may just be flocking home for Easter, but they are here.

As an aside, Tegel Airport in Berlin was the only airport that I've been in where the directions were not self evident. Normally, I find airports to be much the same; easy to navigate, similar functions and processes; no surprises. In Tegel, there are no signs outside the terminal indicating which airline conducts check- in at the inside counter. They also have an unmarked terminal. I found signs indicating its existance only after I wandered around the first one aimlessly and developed a headache wondering how the Germans, normally meticulous, could have planned this airport.

Happy Easter!

1 comment:

Roxy said...

Happy Easter Eve! Hope all is well in Amsterdam. Would love to hear the outcome of yesterday's conversation. Just got home from a lovely night of socializing and imbibing. Hope you have done the same!!! Talk to you soon and have a great Easter Sunday in the Netherlands. Say "Hi" to the Dutch.