28 November 2005

I'm ok...

I'm in Thailand. I have learned a lot about Austria this evening, as I spent it with Jacob and Bernie. They gave me the lowdown on Thailand as well.

Anyway. Why was it that no one saw it fit to tell me that there is a new Harry Potter movie out? I almost fell out of my airplane seat when I saw the ad. Needless to say, it was placed at the top of today's to-do list.

Hope all is well. I have no plans yet for Thailand, as I just got the guide book today. I will keep you all informed before any moves out of Bangkok.

3 comments:

Roxy said...

Pad Thai....mmmmm good! You must have some and tell me how good it is there! I am obsessed with all of Thai food!!!!

Rox

Roxy said...

One more thing...Durian...apparently the stinkiest fruit in the world is abundant in Thailand. I just watched a program about Thailand, (randomly, but thought it ironic), and they recommend trying it if you can get past the smell!!! Let me know...

Marcia said...

Roxy. Roxy. You test me. So I was out and about today. And I found Durian. It is VERY STINKY. It was wrapped in cellophane, and in a tied plastic bag, and you can still smell it. I put it out on the balcony of my room. It's just that the bad odor is the only thing that gets out. Once I opened the package to try it, it was tasty. It's a bit like bananas, but it has a custard consistancy. I found that I could only eat several bites, and then the smell took over. I did purchase some dried durian. It's more like unsalted potato chips with a faint banana taste. Odd, but pretty good. I'll be consuming those...

I hope this first person account has satisfied whatever questions you had... Let me know if not, and I'm happy to clarify..