29 November 2005

Itinerary

So here we go:

Tomorrow, I head to Kanchanaburi- It's the location of the Bridge Over the River Kwai. I;I'll be there for a couple of days.

Friday afternoon, I'll go to Auythaya, home to ruins, and I've heard, not much else.

Sunday night, I'll take a train or a bus to Chiang Mai. I'll take a cooking class, see some ruins, and visit a park. And perhaps speak to a monk. I'll be there until the 8th or so. I'm still working on this part.

I will fly to Phuket to go diving in the Similan Islands. It will probably be a live aboard - so I'm on a boat for four days in the middle of the Andaman Sea. I'm still trying to work out the exact dates/times for this. It does mean that I'll spend my 30th birthday (9th - Happy Birthday to Dawn K!) sober, as diving after drinking is not allowed.

I'll hit another national park before heading back to Bangkok. I fly to India on 18 Dec.

You'll continue to receive updates, but that's the master plan as I have it now. Subject to change, but knowing me, not subject to much change...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good to hear!! be aware around Phuket, if that's the tsunami place. more for public health reasons and such.

Anonymous said...

sounds like you've got a great time planned.. have fun!!

Anonymous said...

Oh hey, I just got an email from the National Ambulance Training School - apparently, I've been shortlisted and will be doing an interview in mid January. I thought County was slow (: Perhaps it's because Guinness is more viscous ...