02 December 2005

High Season...

So this is really the first time I've been traveling in High Season. It's been nice enough in the other places I've been, but there was a dearth of fellow travelers. Not so here.

So it's bit me a bit. The first couple of places that I tried, here in Ayuthaya, were booked. The third place is a bit basic. A bed, a chair, a fan. Bathroom downstairs. So I'm shortening my time here and heading to Chaing Mai early. Saturday night I'll take an overnight train.

And yes, I have, after many telecommunications difficulties, made a reservation with a place in Chaing Mai.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marcia, maybe I'm a bit dense (I haven't had all of my morning coffee yet) but I'm not sure what you mean by High Season. Is it just that it's a busy season for tourists, or something more specific? Like I said, maybe I'm just not very smart.

Chris Kneer

Marcia said...

Yeas, high season means lots of fellow travelers. Not high season as in extensive drug use. If you're caught with drugs, it's a $250 fine, and a year in jail. If you're caught trying to smuggle it across the border, you can be executed for it. I think this was set to happen to an Australian yesterday. (Most of this info came from the Lonely Planet, not first person experience.)

Anonymous said...

Woah! Not a lot of stoners in Thailand! Thanks for the clarification.