09 December 2005

So, I'm 30...

Ummm... I still want to pummel my brother. (See previous post.) So that's not changed in the last 30 years.

I think I'll be ok with this. Maybe I just need to say goodbye to an eventful decade. I graduated, twice. I quit my job, twice. I traveled, more than twice.

I had pad thai and a Heineken for dinner.

Unrelated note: I'm having some sinus pain. The dives we did today were only to 12 meters or so (40 ft), and I had some pain. The ears equalized, but I had to work a bit more on the sinus. So I'm having a huge internal debate about getting on the boat tomorrow. It's two nights and three days. I could snorkel if I don't dive, but I'm not sure I want to end up in the middle of nowhere with a sinus infection. Really, I just started having sinus problems again in Sept. I had 3 years free of sinus pain. Anyway. I'll see how I feel in the morning. So don't freak out if you don't hear from me for the next four days or so - I'm on a boat. If I don't go, I'll check in sooner with new "where I am" details...

Hope all is well. Many thanks for all of the birthday wishes!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

2-step remedy for all that ails:

1. View this. You could be here.

2. Feel better.

Anonymous said...

dang, 29+1 ... welcome to the club i guess babe (: i'll be in Ireland in January for the interview for a week or so. well, the interview is only an hour, but the drinking and wenching may take a week to ten days. you're probably not gonna be anywhere close to the emerald isle then. i'll have some guinness for you and maybe i'll squeeze Rob's bum for you too.

Anonymous said...

Marcia-

Happy Birthday my dear! I missed our annual Thanksgiving celebration this year! We've gotten your postcards and have really appreciated them - I initially was automatically receiving all your post until mid-November and none since. I'm not sure how to get linked back into receiving them! Life as a grown-up is not all its cracked up to be despite the paycheck (as you well know). Happy 30th - at least 50 more to go!

Love, Kristen and Mahd

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Marcia!