05 December 2005

Cooking class

I took a Thai cooking class today. I chose the class offered on this particular day because they were teaching knife skills. I learned how to make a rose from a tomato peel, and a lotus blossom from a tomato. And I made a nice leaf from a carrot. They have much bigger carrots here.

I have a feeling that I will be investing in a nice knife for this purpose once I get back home. It was actually an odd knife. It was curved, but the sharp edge was on the inside of the curve, instead of the expected outside. There are pictures of all the creations. I had to learn about the "macro" function on my camera.

The afternoon was spent making five different dishes. Yes, Roxy, I did get a cookbook. I am quite pleased with the course.

Pictures will follow.

No comments: