03 March 2006

Dreams...

I had a lot of dreams last night. This is unusual, in that I remember most of them. They weren't nightmares, but it was more like being in a movie...

I remember that in one of them, I ran out of floss.

And the other one involved me catching a plane. I just had to get on the plane, but I stood there reading something, and just watched it take off.

Not earth shattering, but I'm regimented enough to not let either thing happen to me in my conscious life. I do a certain level of micromanagment of my life. I mean, do I really need to check how much shampoo is left? Can't I just wait until I get the last few drops exploding out of the bottle before I think about it?

I have learned to not be obsessive in certain situations. Generally, the stop I need for the train or bus is the same one everyone else needs. The stop will be obvious. I've learned to be patient with that type of thing, and only start to get concerned if I end up back at the same stop. (I believe it was Macau where I learned this.)

So perhaps all I can hope for is an incremental change in attitude. I will never be one of those "go with the flow" people, but I will always have floss to stitch my backpack when it rips (Turkey experience).

No comments: