29 March 2006

Future movements...

Another one of those boring posts to indicate where I am and where I will be...

I'm in Kracow until Sun, 2 April. That day, I'll take a train to Prague. It seems as if the overnight train is a bit theftprone, so I'll go during the day.

I'll be in Prague through the night of 5 April. (Insert visit to embassy to ask about extra passport pages. I wouldn't be so bitter, but all the EU stamps look alike. All are a rectangle with the country's initials in a circle. There's also a picture of the method of conveyance - train or ferry. Ironically, I have not entered the EU by plane.)

After Prague, I'll visit Dresden Germany for a couple of days, followed by Berlin, probably Munich as well. This part is still a bit fuzzy because of Easter...

I have booked four nights in Amsterdam at a hostel - the minimum required over Easter weekend. So I'll fly from somewhere to Amsterdam on 14 April, and leave on 18 April. I'm guessing I'll have a day trip or two... So if anyone wants Easter in Amsterdam, let me know...

From there, I think it's a flight to Barcelona, and then into France...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way down in Barcelona
Where the birdies learn to fly
A birdie dropped a turie
In another birdie's eye.
Said the governor to the birdie
"You're here to learn to fly
And not to drop a turie
In another birdie's eye."

I'll spare you the rest of the song lyrics as it has to do w/ boobage and mom reads this (:

Amsterdam, hmm, better be the Flying Pig Hostel. Prague, Apple Hostel was kewl though I spent most of my time at the Boat House Hostel - far from city center but defintely a homie atmosphere with Helena and Vera. If you end up there, take dinner in at least once.

Mom got moved up to Monday. The surgeons are out for blood w/ a vengeance now her bronchitis' gone

Marcia said...

I'm staying in the HUGE HI hostel in Amsterdam, as every small private hostel worth anything is booked...

Sir Toby's in Prague. I heard good things about it, including a nice social pub in the basement...

Any Berlin recommendations? Did you hit Dresden?

Anonymous said...

the zoo was kewl in Berlin. all the wolves howled in german, the seals arfed in german, it was quite interesting. n orec though, that was a day stop ofr me. i stayed in Hamburg at a crappy little hotel near the train station where the sink was attached to a "door" type dealie. so basically, it swung away and turned into a shower once you hang the spigot up high. it was out of necessity as i missed the train to go see the viking chica