15 March 2006

Olib

So I'm off to Olib tomorrow. I was told, "Oh- It's a local ferry, no problem" but we'll see.

I don't think that the mobile phone will work, so if you really need to find me, contact Pete, and he'll figure something out.

After a day on Olib, I'll return to Zadar, where I am now. I'll see Plitvice Lakes, a national park, on my way to Zagreb, the capital. I'll have a night there, and then I'm on to Slovenia. There are some caves to see, and... well, I don't quite remember, but it seemed like a good place. I'll visit Bled, a place that I hope is nicer than it sounds, if the weater is nice, ie, warmer than it has been.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ya, here is my email if anyone needs to get a hold of Marcia. p_b_z_at_Lowpftdotcom

Take away all of the underscores and turn the at into something useful...

/pbz

Anonymous said...

PS Marcia if your phone works everywhere else it will work on Olib. You probably saw the picture of us on the boat in between Olib and Silba, adrift, when the boat's engine broke down? We picked up a cell phone and called for help. No problem.


/pbz

Anonymous said...

Bled is supposed to be kewl, I thought I mentioned that but now I can't find it. Here's something else I picked up today, from a post on another site:

All else being about equal, airlines try to park large aircraft at the gates furthest from the terminal. It takes less fuel and is less hassle to maneuver an MD-80 into the wedge between two piers than a 777. This happens to maximize the average distance pax have to walk. It's why, if you've ever thought "How come my airplane is always at the furthest gate?," you're statistically correct. It is.

Marcia said...

The mobile did work in Olib...

And I have felt that way about airports before. They have it out for me...